April 12, 2014

NEW SKINCARE LOVE

I can't believe a week has flown by. It's been particularly stressful at work these past couple of days, I made my first major presentation yesterday, which thankfully went very smooth - I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I do apologise for not being able to drop by lately, I'll be catching up very soon! ;)


Now that winter is fast approaching (for those of us who live down under), my skin is acting up again - it's breaking out, dehydrated, oily and irritated all at the same time. I have skincare staples that I go back to (see post here), but have also discovered a few new products I've been really loving recently. Some of the items featured are cult faves, so it's nothing new, if you have tried any of them let me know what you thought!



Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi-Purpose Dry Oil
I only discovered this not so long ago after the range popped up at the local drugstore. I've seen Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse in a lot of blogs but never really understood what it is used for - until now. I use rose hip oil from time-to-time on my face, but this can be used all over the face and body (including cuticles), as well as on hair! It's not as thick as my usual rose hip oil either, so it's relatively easy to spread. I've been applying this on my face, elbows, knees, the ends of my hair - pretty much anywhere that needs a little added moisture - and it's been such a miracle worker. Did I also mention that I'm addicted to the smell? It's divine!

Eve Lom Dynaspot (Acne Treatment)

My longtime favourite for acne treatment has been Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. However, with my sensitive skin at the moment the formula is simply too harsh and drying. I haven't tried anything from Eve Lom, but this was highly recommended by a colleague so I thought I would give it a go. Dynaspot consists of botanical ingredients such as fennel, chamomile, tea tree oil and yarrow extracts, so the formula is relatively gentle yet still effective against unwanted blemishes. The results are not as dramatic as Mario Badescu, but it's probably the next best thing without being overly drying!


Sukin Purifying Facial Masque
This is the perfect mask for anyone who has dry skin but are still prone to the occasional break out. It's may not be as effective as clay masks (I use to love the Origins one), however this is in no way drying, and leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft afterwards. It's not too harsh either, but I do see a gradual reduction of spots from regular use. This is one of the first products I've tried from Sukin, so now I'm very intrigued, if you have any recommendations from this brand let me know below!

Philosophy Hope in a Jar Night

This stuff smells funky, like really funky - I'm working hard to get past it because Hope in a Jar Night cream has been doing wonders! My skin has been feeling especially tight and irritated when I jump out of the shower at night. I've been slathering a good amount of this cream on my face before bedtime, and when I wake up, my skin is smooth and moisturised. I hold a dear spot in my heart for the Anitopodes Avocado Pear Nourishing Night Cream, but this in comparison does not wear greasy or oily over time. I have not use this long enough to see any anti-aging benefits or brightening of my skin tone, but I'm loving this so far!

What are some of your new skincare discoveries? Any recommendations for dry skin? Thanks so much for reading! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)