October 10, 2012

My Essential Holiday Makeup


With only just DAYS now till my trip to Japan (SUPER excited!!), I'm all packed and ready to go. I'll be sure to shop like no tomorrow when I'm over there, so a practically empty suitcase is what I was aiming for. I've gone back and forth a bit on what makeup items to bring, and have stripped it all back to 12 essential products including: 

1. Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Eyeliner in Smog 
2. Lioele Auto Eyebrow Pencil #2
3. Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamor Volume On Mascara
4. Makeupshow Blush Brush H02
5. Makeupshow Powder Brush H01
6. Sigma Flat Angled Kabuki Brush F88 (not an absolute essential, but I love using this to apply foundation)
7. Lancome La Base Pro
8. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 Hour Foundation #2
9. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in Liberte #46
10. MAC MSFN in Medium
11. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed
12. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler 

I’m sure many people would agree that when you’re overseas on a holiday, what makeup to wear on your face is probably one of the last things on your mind. I know a lot of people who would bare it all (face-wise) when on vacation, but since I practically look like a zombie in the mornings when I wake up, I need a little help to make myself photo-presentable. So here’s my 12-item holiday makeup routine!

To even further minimize luggage, you can easily opt for a tinted moisturizer or BB cream to avoid bringing a separate base and foundation. I’m sticking with my Lancome Teint Idole foundation because it's one of the longest wearing foundations I’ve come across, so I don’t have to worry about it coming off after a long day out. And with it's buildable coverage, I also use this as concealer.

I never powder my whole face and sometimes even skip it all together because I don’t like the cakey finish (or maybe I just apply too much lol). But a good powder definitely does make my foundation last longer, and that's definitely the key factor here!

(Note: Please excuse the difference in lighting, the sun kept coming and going.)
Whenever I wear eyeliner on it’s own without eyeshadow, I prefer to use brown over black as it makes the overall effect less intense and more natural. A great alternative to the UD liner is the Bobbi Brown gel liner – again long-wearing!

If I skip mascara, it’s like I almost have no lashes. And though not as severe, my eyebrows are pretty non-existent too. Lol. So I never leave anywhere with out defining my brows and putting on some mascara. I''ll probably be bringing back a whole suitcase-ful of Japanese mascaras, they do miracles for my lashes!

Tarte Exposed and Chanel Liberte are both super flattering, no-brainer go-to blush/lipstick shades that can be worn with EVERYTHING. Chanel Liberte is probably not the most long wearing lipstick, but it’s very easy to apply, something I can do whilst on the go. But again, if you wish to further reduce the load, lip balm will do the job too!

What are some of your absolute makeup essentials when you travel? Thanks for taking the time to comment! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I appreciate all feedback - whether it be compliments or constructive criticisms. I'll be sure to check out your blog in appreciation of the effort! :)